This information applies from ‘roadmap step 4’ on July 19th 2021.
The hall hire fee is reduced from £10 to £5 an hour until 31st December 2021. This will apply regardless of restrictions whenever the hall is available. We are able to do this following receipt of the latest government restart grant.
While the covid-19 legal restrictions have now been removed, guidance remains to help keep everyone safe. This page tells you about the hall facilities and what we provide to help you run your event.
Please refer to our booking conditions and information for hirers, all on the policies and forms page. As we all know – things can change at any time. Make sure you keep up to date with legislation and guidance affecting your event; this is your responsibility as event organiser.
|Item||What we have done|
|Hygiene||– No-touch sanitiser dispenser in entrance hall|
– Hot water, soap and no-touch hand driers provided (as always) in toilets
– We give you a free hour before and 30 minutes after to clean touchpoints and do your setup without hurrying. Basic cleaning equipment provided although hirers welcome to bring their own.
– with the exception of hygiene bags and a bin for ladies sanitary items, we aks that ALL rubbish and possessions are removed when you leave. The hall is a ‘no bin zone’ (as always)
– Plenty of window keys provided to allow maximum ventilation. (please remember to lock up afterwards!)
|Lights||Our new LED lighting system includes sensors for toilets, store rooms and outside lights; fewer switches to touch and clean.|
|Information and compliance||– guidance reminder signs in the hall.|
– Virtual tour of hall available on website so ‘show rounds’ are not essential.
– All documents and forms available online.
– committee are monitoring guidance and legislation changes, and ensuring that the hall procedures and documents are kept up to date. Advice being provided by ACRE and our village halls advisor.
– cancellation period reduced to ‘any time before the event’. We don’t want anyone risking attendance when unwell because they don’t want to lose their hire fee.
– Our test and trace QR code poster remains in the entrance lobby, to provide the option to ‘check in’ with the NHS app.
The booking secretary has final discretion (under instruction from the committee) and will advise if your event can be booked – it may have to be cancelled if regulations change. Please consider this if committing to anything else connected to it. Event organisers are responsible for compliance with regulations and guidance at all times.
What does the hall cost to hire?
Due to the latest restart grant, the fee is reduced to £5 an hour for the entire premises (from the usual £10). This will apply until 31st December 2021. We also give you a free 60 minutes before and 30 minutes after your event for cleaning, setup and clear away.
We ask for a £50 deposit for all one-off events, except for children’s parties. This will be refunded shortly after as long as the hall is left in the expected condition.
What do event organisers have to do?
Full details are provided in the hirer pack, which includes the booking conditions. Signed agreement to these is mandatory before use of the hall.
Pant Memorial Hall has always been a ‘self-service’ hall, hence our low fees. In addition to the usual sweeping, tidying up and removal of ALL rubbish and any lost property, hirers are requested to do some cleaning before and after the event. The building is professionally cleaned but not every day. We provide all the kit you need, although feel free to bring your own if you prefer. We do not provide gloves.
What cleaning is requested?
Please consider making sure that the hall is as safe as possible for you and your attendees by cleaning the following before and after your event:
- touch points: door handles, switches (please don’t spray electricals!), window catches
- toilets: handles and seats, sink taps, pullcords for water heaters (they have easy wipe plastic guards), wash basins
- any furniture that you use
What about ventilation?
We’ve left lots of window keys around so you can keep the hall aired. Please, please remember to close and lock all windows before you leave, plus the front door of course. (and please make sure you don’t take the keys away by mistake!)
What do we do with rubbish?
There never has been a rubbish collection from the hall, so we’ve always expected people to take away everything that they brought in. Rubbish and lost property are now a real health hazard.
Please make clear to attendees that ‘no bins’ means ‘take everything away’. And that means almost everything. The only exemption is ladies sanitary items – we provide a bin and bags. Please be considerate by wrapping items well.
Please encourage attendees to check that they haven’t forgotten anything. If they have, the organiser must remove it. Thank you.
What can event attendees do to help?
While legal restrictions no longer apply, we all need to help keep each other safe. We ask everyone to consider the following precautions:
- Wash or sanitise hands frequently
- Wear a face covering if you feel that it is appropriate
- Do not enter if you are isolating or unwell
I understand my responsibilities and am happy to comply. How do I book the hall?
We’d love to see you!
- Look on the online calendar to see if the time and date you had in mind is available. You will need to double-check with the booking secretary, although we try to keep the calendar up to date. Please note that we offer a maximum of three bookings a day, roughly morning, afternoon and evening. There are no fixed ‘slots’ and of course hirers can book longer sessions. The hall is open from 7:30am to 11pm – later events need a temporary event notice from Shropshire Council. Why not take our virtual tour for a look around?
- Contact the booking secretary with brief details of your event, your proposed date and times and your contact details. Email preferred on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07913 565708.
- The booking secretary will confirm availability. You will need to fill in and sign a hiring form. The documents you need are all on this page; please complete and submit by email if you can. Signing the hiring form also means that you agree to the full terms and conditions. The ‘important information for hirers’ pages are just a ready reference summary.
- Payment in advance please, preferably by bank transfer – we’ll give you the details. We can take cash or cheque if really needed. Pay your deposit by bank transfer or cheque; if all is well we’ll send it straight back after the event.
- The booking secretary will arrange a key handover, and advise you how to return the key.
Queries? Just get in touch, here to help as much as possible.
Managing the hall through the ‘roadmap’ has meant a lot of work for the hall committee, and keeping up with changing legislation means further work. We have had considerable guidance from the ACRE village hall advisors. With event organisers and attendees fulfilling their obligations and responsibilities, we are pleased to be able to reopen our community building.