Pant Memorial Hall is located on the main A483 road through Pant. The postcode is SY10 9QG.
what3words for the car park entrance: shady.eyelash.starfish
We are on the main road so we are easy to find, look out for the ‘Pant’ road signs as you enter the village from either direction on the A483.
From Oswestry; look for the pedestrian crossing and the McColls store on the right. The hall is the single-storey building next on your left with the car park entrance at the far end. The red phone box is a good landmark – and it works! If you see the Cross Guns pub, you’ve missed us. Here’s the sign at the car park entrance.
From Llanymnech or Welshpool: Go past the Cross Guns pub which will be on your left, and round the bend. The hall is on your right just after the Tregarthen Lane/Station Road cross roads. Look out for the artwork and planters on this end of the building.
If you’ve come down the minor lanes from the east to Pant, you’ll emerge either from Rhiew Revel Lane or Station Road. Turn right from both. There is no road route into Pant from the west, you’ll arrive on the A483 in Llanymynech (turn left) or Llynclys (turn right).
Approximate travel times to Pant in normal traffic conditions: Oswestry 10 minutes. Welshpool 20 minutes, Shrewsbury 30 minutes, Chester 60 minutes, Wrexham 40 minutes.
Buses serving Pant as at July 2021:
- T12 Oswestry – Machynlleth. About every 2 hours Mon-Sat, finishing early evening. Please see the Trawscymru website for up to date information.
- Bus 72 Llanfyllin to Oswestry: Tanat Valley bus service, 3 a day each way in the mornings. Timetable on this link.
- Bus 74 Llanfyllin to Shrewsbury: Tanat Valley bus service, one a day each way. Timetables on this link.
- Bus 71 Four Crosses to Oswestry: Arriva West Midlands, one a day each way in term times as this is the school service.
If you do get the bus, here’s where to catch it:
- From the north, buses stop either by the hall or on the corner of Station Road – just ask to be set down and wave to be picked up.
- From the south, there is an official bus stop on the other side of the road, just south of Tregarthen Lane.
The return fare from Oswestry is £3.40 as at January 2020.
Our nearest railway station is Gobowen – around 8 miles away and because this is Shropshire, in normal traffic conditions the drive takes around 15 minutes. And perhaps because this is Shropshire, there is no bus service from the station – you’ll need a taxi. If you are determined to get to the hall from a railway station, go to Shrewsbury and take the Arriva 70 or 576 services to Oswestry, then either wait for a bus or arrange a taxi.
If you are planning to cycle, we recommend that you use the local roads rather than the A483 which has no cycle lane (and often no pavement).
Here are the public contact details for the hall. Various committee members can access these if needed, so rest assured we’ll always get back to you. (Please don’t use personal contacts for committee members even if you know them)
- General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bookings: email@example.com
- Booking mobile (or any phone enquiries, they will be passed on): 07913 565708
- Post (or just drop a note in the box): Pant Memorial Hall, Pant, Oswestry SY10 9QG
You can also message us via our social media feeds:
Please remember that the committee are volunteers – we are usually quick in replying but your understanding is appreciated. Check your spam box if a reply is missing.