UPDATE 4th April 2021: Children’s parties will be allowed at the hall from ‘step 4’ of the government roadmap. Meantime this page left up for future reference.
Here’s all you need to know about hosting your child’s party at Pant Memorial Hall. Our hall provides plenty of room to run about, easy parking and space for all sorts of extras that might not fit in at home. The building is fully wheelchair accessible.
This page has been updated to cover Covid-19 regulations – please note:
- maximum capacity 30 people, including up to 12 under 11s
- we are suitable for parties up to and including age 12
- there are no kitchen facilities available except for access to drinking water
- please check legislation applying at the time of your event, including numbers of households that can gather and rules on face coverings. The hall is a mandatory face covering area, exemptions in line with legislation.
What are the facilities?
There’s a big airy main room with lots of space to move about. There’s a side room which can provide space for a separate activity, or simply somewhere to sit down subject to social distancing. We have toilets including a disabled toilet, a cloakroom space and lots of tables and chairs, including some small size furniture. Your hire charge gives you the entire building.
What does it cost?
Our charge for a child’s party is £20 for a two hour party. (most parents think that is long enough!). You also get an extra 60 mins to set up before and 30 mins to clear up afterwards, plus the covid10 cleanup – we provide the kit. With a few willing helpers that is plenty of time. If you do want a longer party, each extra hour is £10.
The fee includes all utilities.
How do I book?
All the information and forms are on our bookings page.
Your event will be listed on the online calendar simply as ‘private booking’ unless you ask us to do otherwise.
What do I need to provide?
Along with party guests, food and supervision – just utensils and bin bags. Remember that there are currently no kitchen facilities – the way to think of it is as an indoor picnic! Everything will have to be taken away for disposal or washing up. Thank you for your understanding.
We provide all the other cleaning materials and tools needed for your clearup.
What about extra entertainers?
Feel free to book magicians, discos, craft sessions or anything that fits into the hall. Any electrical equipment brought in must be safety tested.
Note; we cannot be responsible for any other costs incurred should the hall have to be closed due to legislation change.
Please consult the entertainer on their own covid-19 safety measures.
Can I have an indoor bouncy castle?
Yes, for children aged up to 6 – that is the maximum size of bouncy castle that will fit into the hall. We charge an extra £2 for the electricity used, and will need to see the public liability and safety test documents from the castle supplier before the date of the party.
Here are a few notes to make sure that everything goes well – the full terms and conditions are on our policies and forms page.
- a suitable number of adults must remain on the premises throughout the event, including the named hirer.
- children should be kept out of the kitchen, bar area and storerooms
- children must be actively supervised at all times and not left to play unattended in the entrance hall or toilets. Remember that the hall is next to a main road.
- Please make sure the hall is left as you found it. Please check all rooms for forgotten possessions, (or guests still partying…), put furniture back, make sure that toilets are left tidy and all taps and lights are off. Thank you.
- The hall is checked and maintained regularly but we recognise that sometimes things break. Please let us know if you find any problems so we can fix them.
Can I see the hall before I book?
Unfortunately we cannot do ‘in person’ show rounds at the moment – but there is a virtual tour for you to see.