Here’s all you need to know about hosting your child’s party at Pant Memorial Hall. Our hall provides plenty of room to run about, easy parking and space for all sorts of extras that might not fit in at home. The building is fully wheelchair accessible.
Please read before contacting the booking secretary; you should find the answers to most questions here.
What are the facilities?
There’s a big airy main room with lots of space to move about. There’s a side room which can provide space for a separate activity, or simply somewhere to sit down. We have toilets including a disabled toilet, a cloakroom space and lots of tables and chairs. There is also a small outside play area at the back of the hall. It has a playground-type softer surface, and is separated from the car park by a fence and gate.
We have plenty of tables and chairs for adults including our new padded vinyl ones. We also have this super-cheerful set of child-size furniture – 20 chairs and four tables.
Our serving kitchen provides a boiling water tap and microwave, plus a countertop oven for a small extra charge. We have lots of cutlery and crockery for your use.
Your hire charge gives you exclusive use of the entire building. We are suitable for parties up to and including age 12.
What does it cost?
£10 an hour for the whole building, so a two hour party is £20. (most parents think that is long enough!).
You also get an extra 60 mins to set up before and 30 mins to clear up afterwards, plus the requested quick covid19 cleanup – we provide the kit. With a few willing helpers that is plenty of time. If you do want a longer party, each extra hour is £5.
The fee includes all utilities. The only chargeable extra is the countertop oven: £5 a booking, and a token charge of £2 for extra electricity if you have a bouncy castle.
How do I book?
All the information is on our bookings page, which also tells you what we have done to assist with covid-19 precautions.
Your event will be listed on the online calendar simply as ‘private booking’ unless you ask us to do otherwise.
What do I need to provide?
Along with party guests, food and supervision – just utensils and bin bags.
We provide all the other cleaning materials and tools needed for your clearup.
What about extra entertainers?
Feel free to book magicians, discos, craft sessions or anything that fits into the hall. Any electrical equipment brought in must be safety tested.
Note; we cannot be responsible for any other costs incurred should the event have to be postponed or cancelled due to legislation change.
Please consult the entertainer on their own covid-19 safety measures.
Can I have an indoor bouncy castle?
Yes, as long as it fits! Ceiling height is 2.8 metres and the castle must have a ‘roof’ to protect the ceiling tiles. In practice this limits castle size to that suitable for younger children, the supplier will advise. We charge an extra £2 for the electricity used, and you must provide us with the public liability and safety test documents from the castle supplier before the date of the party. Bouncy castles owned by private individuals cannot be used in the hall due to the insurance issue.
Here is the floorplan of the building to help you see what fits. Obviously there needs to be space around the bouncy castle.
Please note that the hall is not suitable for other inflatables, such as football goals, golf and so on. The floor is Canadian maple and can be damaged by sliding or spiked shoes.
Here are a few notes to make sure that everything goes well – the full terms and conditions are on our policies and forms page.
- a suitable number of adults must remain on the premises throughout the event, including the named hirer.
- children should be kept out of the kitchen, bar area and storerooms
- children must be actively supervised at all times and not left to play unattended in the entrance hall or toilets. Remember that the hall is next to a main road.
- we love our wooden floor and so will you – but please don’t let children play sliding games on it, especially not in black soled shoes. The marks are very difficult to remove.
- Please make sure the hall is left as you found it. Please check all rooms for forgotten possessions, (or guests still partying…), put furniture back, make sure that toilets are left tidy (and all flushed – this can be forgotten in the excitement!) and all taps and switched lights are off. Thank you.
- The hall is checked and maintained regularly but we recognise that sometimes things break. Please let us know if you find any problems so we can fix them.
Can I see the hall before I book?
Have a look at our virtual tour to start. Please contact the booking secretary if you would like to visit the hall.