Here’s all you need to know about hosting your child’s party at Pant Memorial Hall. Our hall provides plenty of room to run about, lots of clear kitchen space, easy parking and space for all sorts of extras that might not fit in at home. We can host discos, bouncy castles, magicians, soft play and much more.
We are suitable for children’s parties up to and including age 12. The maximum capacity of the hall is 100 people. The building is fully wheelchair accessible.
WHAT FACILITIES ARE THERE?
There’s a big airy main room with lots of space to move about. There’s a side room which can provide space for a separate activity, or simply somewhere to sit down. There’s a kitchen with lots of table space, boiling water tap, microwave, lots of cutlery and crockery, plus a countertop oven (small extra charge) We have toilets including a disabled toilet, a cloakroom space and lots of tables and chairs, including some small size furniture. Your hire charge gives you the entire building.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
Our charge for a child’s party is £20 for a two hour party. (most parents think that is long enough!). You also get an extra 30 mins to set up before and 30 mins to clear up afterwards. With a few willing helpers that is plenty of time. If you do want a longer party, each extra hour is £10.
The fee includes all utilities. The only extra is use of our counter-top oven, which costs £5 per booking.
HOW DO I BOOK?
First, check the online calendar to see if the date and time that you want is free. If so, contact the booking secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07913 565708 ; he/she will get back to you as soon as they can. (Please note that the hall is run entirely by volunteers)
We can email the form or give you paper copies if needed. Payment is requested before key handover please. We accept cash, cheques (payable to ‘Pant Memorial Institute’) or bank transfer if done a few days in advance.
Your event will be listed on the online calendar simply as ‘private booking’ unless you ask us to do otherwise.
WHAT DO I NEED TO PROVIDE?
Along with party guests, food and supervision – just some teatowels and bin bags. There is no rubbish collection from the hall so please take everything away with you.
We provide all the other cleaning materials and tools needed for your clearup.
CAN I HAVE AN INDOOR BOUNCY CASTLE?
Yes, for children aged up to 6 – that is the maximum size of bouncy castle that will fit into the hall. We charge an extra £2 for the electricity used, and will need to see the public liability and safety test documents from the castle supplier before the date of the party.
ANY SMALL PRINT?
As part of our standard conditions, here are a few notes to make sure that everything goes well:
- a suitable number of adults must remain on the premises throughout the event, including the named hirer.
- children should be kept out of the kitchen, bar area and storerooms
- children must be actively supervised at all times and not left to play unattended in the entrance hall or toilets. Remember that the hall is next to a main road.
- Please make sure the hall is left as you found it. Please check all rooms for forgotten possessions, (or guests still partying…), put furniture back, make sure that toilets are left tidy and all taps and lights are off. Thank you.
- The hall is checked and maintained regularly but we recognise that sometimes things break. Please let us know if you find any problems so we can fix them.
CAN I SEE THE HALL BEFORE I BOOK?
Yes – please contact the booking secretary to arrange a time for a visit. Happy to help.