All covid-19 restrictions have now been lifted in England. Following receipt of detailed guidance, here is our update.
Most importantly: All community events and activities, plus private hires, will be able to take place in the hall. That includes children’s parties and family events. We are fully open for our community again.
- The kitchen and all its facilities are open again.
- Risks will be managed by hirers, for example by ventilation, encouraging social distancing, hand sanitising/washing and cleaning of touch points. We provide all you need to do these things; lots of windows, hand sanitiser, soap, hot water and cleaning wipes/sprays.
- We will continue to give an hour before and 30 mins after each hire, free to hirers for cleaning and setup.
- We will continue with the one hour ‘air gap’ between one hirer leaving and the next arriving to set up.
- We will offer a maximum of three hires a day, roughly morning, afternoon and evening. There are no exact times so we are flexible, but this will help to separate groups. (It is of course possible for a group to book a longer session)
Hire fee remains at the ‘restart rate’ of £5 an hour for the whole building, applicable to 31/12/21.
Face coverings and social distancing are no longer mandatory – but please look after each other. Government advice on how to stay safe is on this link. Booking conditions and all documents have been updated, all available on our policies and forms page.
- Want to book the hall? Follow this link!
- Want to start something new? Have a look at this page for lots of information.
- Want to know what is going on, or what times are available? Here’s our online calendar . (and it is now back at the bottom or side of all pages on this website)
The hall has been improved over the last year. We have new lights and controls. We also have 40 padded vinyl chairs and a bluetooth speaker system for everyone’s use.
The hall in a nutshell
What do we offer?
Why are we here?
The hall is the village war memorial and contains two more – read all about our memorials and commemorations here. Founded in 1922, we value our history but we never stand still!
- Giveasyoulive; shop as normal and generate funding for us by following this link. Just click ‘shop and raise’ for access to thousands of retailers. Also includes a comparison engine for switching utilities, insurance and more.
- Inkjet cartridge recycling: we can recycle used inkjet cartridges to raise funds (sorry, no laser cartridges).Please contact us if you would like to drop off some cartridges; they can be left outside the hall as long as we know they are there. Thank you!
- Amazon smile: follow this link if you are shopping with Amazon and we will receive 0.5%.
- Ebay sales: if you donate part (or all!) of the sale price to our charity, the ebay fee will reduce in proportion.
Thank you so much for supporting us (or any other charity)
Who runs the hall?
Pant Memorial Hall is run by the charity named Pant Memorial Institute, registered charity 240435. The charity is run entirely by a committee of unpaid volunteers, responsible for maintaining the village’s valuable asset. New committee members are always welcome. Small time commitment, big rewards. Have a look on the get involved page and please get in touch. Don’t leave it to ‘them’ – make it you!
The hall is run by volunteers – we will respond to messages as soon as we can and you will ALWAYS get a reply.
- general enquiries email: email@example.com
- bookings email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone the booking mobile: 07913 565708
Find us: on the main road in Pant. Full location and travel info here.
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE: Pant Memorial Institute (Pant Memorial Hall) uses personal data for the purposes of managing the hall, its bookings and finances, running and marketing events at the hall, paying contractors and its fundraising activities. Data may be retained for up to seven years for accounts purposes and longer where required by the hall’s insurers. If you would like to find out more about how we use personal data or want to see a copy of information about you that we hold, please contact the committee secretary.
Page last updated: 29th July 2021