All our facilities are available at the hall and we are open for all suitable events.
As we know, covid-19 remains prevalent, so we continue to provide all you need to help keep safe.
- In accordance with our hiring conditions, you MUST NOT ATTEND THE HALL if you or anyone in your household has had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 48 hours. This is regardless of vaccination status or any other exemption – these are the standard conditions for village halls.
- Risks will be managed by hirers. This includes ventilation, encouraging social distancing, hand sanitising/washing and cleaning of touch points. We provide all that you need to do these things; lots of windows, hand sanitiser, soap, hot water and cleaning wipes/sprays. Don’t forget to bring a rubbish bag – we are a total ‘no bin zone’ and all rubbish must be taken away.
- We will continue to give an hour before and 30 mins after each hire, free to hirers for cleaning and setup.
- One hour ‘air gap’ between one hirer leaving and the next arriving to set up.
- We will offer a maximum of three hires a day, roughly morning, afternoon and evening. There are no exact times so we are flexible, but this will help to separate groups. (It is of course possible for a group to book a longer session)
- Face coverings and social distancing are no longer mandatory – but please look after each other. Government advice on how to stay safe is on this link. Booking conditions and all documents have been updated, all available on our policies and forms page.
Hire fee remains at the ‘restart rate’ of £5 an hour for the whole building, applicable to 31/12/21. Rate will revert to the standard £10 an hour from January 1. Frequent hirers may be eligible for discounts in accordance with our hiring policy, which can be found on this page.
- For all our booking information, follow this link.
- Click here for information on starting a new regular event.
- Want to know what is going on, or what times are available? Here’s our online calendar .
- Click here for all you need to know about running a children’s party at the hall.
Please remember that the hall is run by volunteers – help us to help you by reading the information we provide on this website before contacting the booking secretary.
Haven’t been to the hall in a while? We have new lights and controls. We also have 40 padded vinyl chairs and a bluetooth speaker system for everyone’s use.
Centenary Improvement Project – solar energy and new heating
With climate change and reduced energy use now so important, the committee are delighted to announce that the hall will be moving to solar power. We will be installing roof-mounted panels with an internal battery system, greatly reducing our energy use from the grid, and hence our carbon footprint (and our costs). We will also be updating the heating with modern panel heaters, correctly sized and properly controlled. Associated works include more ceiling insulation and some internal rearrangement to make better use of the storage areas at the back of the hall. Read more and see project updates on this page. A perfect way to mark our 2022 centenary!
This project has been made possible by two generous funding awards:
- People’s Postcode Trust is a grant giving charity funded entirely by players of the People’s Postcode Lottery. Pant Memorial Hall has received £20,000 for the solar panels, batteries and associated works
- The National Lottery Community fund has awarded Pant Memorial Hall £9,905 for the new heating and insulation. Thank you to lottery players. #National Lottery
The hall in a nutshell
What do we offer?
Why are we here?
The hall is the village war memorial and contains two more – read all about our memorials and commemorations here. Founded in 1922, we value our history but we never stand still!
Send a postcard from Pant! Link to buy our cards is here.
- Giveasyoulive; shop as normal and generate funding for us by following this link. Just click ‘shop and raise’ for access to thousands of retailers. Also includes a comparison engine for switching utilities, insurance and more.
- Inkjet cartridge recycling: we can recycle used inkjet cartridges to raise funds (sorry, no laser cartridges).Please contact us if you would like to drop off some cartridges, we can arrange pickup or tell you where to leave them if you are in the hall. Thank you!
- Amazon smile: follow this link if you are shopping with Amazon and we will receive 0.5%.
- Ebay sales: if you donate part (or all!) of the sale price to our charity, the ebay fee will reduce in proportion.
Thank you so much for supporting us (or any other charity)
Who runs the hall?
Pant Memorial Hall is run by the charity named Pant Memorial Institute, registered charity 240435. The charity is run entirely by a committee of unpaid volunteers, responsible for maintaining the village’s valuable asset. New committee members are always welcome. Small time commitment, big rewards. Have a look on the get involved page and please get in touch. Don’t leave it to ‘them’ – make it you!
The hall is run by volunteers – we will respond to messages as soon as we can and you will ALWAYS get a reply.
- general enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- bookings email: email@example.com
- phone the booking mobile: 07913 565708
Find us: on the main road in Pant. Full location and travel info here.
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE: Pant Memorial Institute (Pant Memorial Hall) uses personal data for the purposes of managing the hall, its bookings and finances, running and marketing events at the hall, paying contractors and its fundraising activities. Data may be retained for up to seven years for accounts purposes and longer where required by the hall’s insurers. If you would like to find out more about how we use personal data or want to see a copy of information about you that we hold, please contact the committee secretary.
Page last updated: 19th October 2021