Hall closed under lockdown
Due to the English lockdown, regrettably the hall is now closed to hirers except for a very limited set of circumstances. These exceptions are detailed on gov.uk – we are of course happy to help if these circumstances apply.
The committee continue to maintain and monitor the building, and we are still contactable by all the usual routes. Please follow us on facebook (feed repeated at the bottom of this page) or check back here for updates.
Admire our ever changing flowers if you are passing, stay safe and well and we will see you (again) on the other side.
How to support the hall during lockdown (at no cost to you)
A closed hall means no income – but it doesn’t mean that outgoings stop. All the management is done by unpaid volunteers, but we still have costs to keep the building maintained. We’d really appreciate it if you could consider these ways to support us, especially at the moment. All at no cost to you and while staying at home!
- inkjet printer cartridge recycling: please save your used cartridges for our collection box. This will be sent to Recycle4charity which generates funding for us (and keeps the cartridges out of landfill). We need a minimum of 15 cartridges for the box; if you have that many, you can order your own box (free both ways!) via the link above. Otherwise, please hold on to them and contact us after lockdown when we can arrange to meet.
- Giveasyoulive; shop as normal and generate funding for us by following this link. Just click ‘shop and raise’ for access to thousands of retailers.
- Amazon smile: follow this link if you are shopping with Amazon and we will receive 0.5%.
- Ebay sales: if you donate part (or all!) of the sale price to our charity, the ebay fee will reduce in proportion.
Our charity number is 240435, and our official name is ‘Pant Memorial Institute’. Thank you so much for supporting us (or any other charity)
Hiring information – when we are able to reopen
See our booking page for all the information. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with any queries, preferably by email, contact details below.
This page tells you what we have done, how things will work, what event organisers need to do and what attendees need to do. Please remember that guidance and legislation may change at short notice, and our procedures and conditions will also do so to reflect this.
As well as all the detail, please note:
- all events must have pre-booked attendance, with all attendees registered by the organiser for test and trace. We have our QR code poster in the entrance
- the hall is a mandatory face-covering zone in line with government guidance
- hirers will need to do some cleaning before and after
The hall in a nutshell
Pant Memorial Hall is the village hall for Pant. We operate as a registered charity run entirely by unpaid volunteers.
What do we offer?
Why are we here?
The hall is the village war memorial and contains two more – read all about our memorials and commemorations here. Founded in 1922, we value our history but we never stand still!
Who runs the hall?
Pant Memorial Hall is run by Pant Memorial Institute, registered charity 240435. The committee are all unpaid volunteers, responsible for maintaining the village’s valuable asset. New committee members are always welcome. Small time commitment, big rewards. Have a look on the get involved page and please get in touch. Don’t leave it to ‘them’ – make it you!
The hall is run by volunteers – we will respond to messages as soon as we can and you will ALWAYS get a reply.
- general enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- bookings email: email@example.com
- phone the booking mobile: 07913 565708
Find us: on the main road in Pant. Full location and travel info here.
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE: Pant Memorial Institute (Pant Memorial Hall) uses personal data for the purposes of managing the hall, its bookings and finances, running and marketing events at the hall, paying contractors and its fundraising activities. Data may be retained for up to seven years for accounts purposes and longer where required by the hall’s insurers. If you would like to find out more about how we use personal data or want to see a copy of information about you that we hold, please contact the committee secretary.
Page last updated: 7th January 2021