This page is an attempt to pull together local information relevant to the current crisis. All information provided in good faith (i.e. by a volunteer with the same resources as everyone else!)
Call 999 for a life threatening emergency – details on this link
Call 111 for any other urgent medical help, or if you are not sure what to do for a medical situation. 111 info on this link. Make this call before making any journey for treatment. They will be able to book you into A and E or urgent care if needed – walk-ins may not be operating. Possible locations are:
- ACCIDENT AND EMERGENCY (life threatening problems) still at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital SY3 8XQ or Princess Royal Telford TF1 6TF
- URGENT CARE : you may be directed to Bridgnorth Community Hospital WV16 4EU or Whitchurch Community Hospital SY13 1RR . Neither community hospital has an A and E and hours are limited. Bridgnorth and Whitchurch are an hour from Pant, be sure that you are going to the right place for your condition.
Oswestry Minor Injuries Unit (Thomas Savin Road) – 01691 663617, open 8:30am to 6pm Mon-Fri, to 1pm at weekends. Acceping walk ins.
Welshpool Victoria hospital: 8am to 8pm 7days. 01938 558919 or 01938 558931. info on this link No walk-ins, you must phone first.
Covid 19 information, testing and vaccination
Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital Trust Coronavirus Information Page, including information on getting a test, how the hospitals are operating and the latest on the vaccine programme. Note: you can get a test even if you don’t have the main symptoms, use the option of ‘my council has asked me to book a test’ if this is the case.
Vaccination: our nearest hub is currently the Orthopaedic hospital at Gobowen. Other locations and possible home-based services are ‘in the works’.
Oswestry surgeries/dispensaries: all appointment only, no walk-ins. Call your surgery to find out, and to arrange for prescriptions. If you need help collecting prescriptions, please call the council, the NHS responders or contact the Pant Coronavirus support group. Most of the Oswestry surgeries also have free prescription delivery arrangements, please enquire.
Opticians: some are open including Specsavers and Vision Express in Oswestry.
Dentistry: available under covid-19 procedures. If you don’t have a dentist and need urgent treatment, call NHS 111.
Shropshire Council Coronavirus Support Line
0345 678 9028 (8am to 6pm weekdays, 9am to 1pm Saturdays). Any non-medical need including business support information.
Pant Coronavirus Support Group
A network of volunteers trying to help – we are still here! We leafleted the whole village last March so there should be no-one left with nowhere to turn, but please pass on in case anyone was missed out. Contact your volunteer (details on the leaflet) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or join on facebook Pant Coronavirus support group . As well as help with shopping and prescription collection, we’ve got people happy to chat on the phone, provide transport to essential appointments, provide befriending and counselling and even walk a dog if you don’t have a garden or are isolating.
There is also a support group running in Llanymynech: facebook page here
Supermarket delivery slots /click and collect
Delivery slots are in high demand at the moment, those on the priority lists may have more luck. Click and collect slots are easier to get – contact the Pant support group or NHS volunteers (info above) if you need someone to do the pickup.
- Sainsbury; usually a delivery available a week ahead (possibly sooner for those on the priority list). Click and collect slots available a little sooner from the Oswestry store.
- Morrisons: their site has a handy ‘next delivery’ slot indicator, again running six days ahead. Lots of click and collect slots from the Oswestry store.
- Iceland: slots are released daily, plenty of availability
Tesco, Asda – almost no availability for delivery or click and collect. Ocado does not operate in this area.
These local shops and services have all indicated that they can deliver to Pant. Please be aware that they will be busy but welcome your support. In no particular order:
- Gillhams Oswestry: 01691 653187 fruit, veg, basics, cakes etc
- Avondale Produce: 01691 590 267. Fruit and veg, deliver to Pant each Friday
- Moor Farm shop: 01939 262 632 or email email@example.com
Owens Fuels are operating as normal and will do their best to help: oil, coal and LPG 01691 830315.
Buses; The Tanat Valley 72 service is no longer operating, so it is just the T12 service emergency timetable, about every two hours. Essential journeys only of course.
Information is presented in good faith and is subject to change. All corrections and updates welcome, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 15th January 2021